Thursday, August 18, 2011

New faces, New spaces.

I refrained from blogging in the first few days of being in Kansas, because I knew I'd have nothing good to say. More importantly, I knew I'd be making unfair comparisons, but now, after the fourth day of orientation, food, and a shower, I feel a little more capable.

Having never really traveled the country, I literally had no idea what to expect. As previously stated, most of my previous knowledge came from books and movies, but when it came right down to it, I knew almost nothing about what it would be like. While I now understand that this was a ridiculous and boneheaded plan, I'm sort of glad that I did it this way.

I think if I had seen the size of the campus, the literal lay of the land, the facilities, and the surrounding areas, I never would have come at all. Sure, I looked at photos, and Google Maps, statistics, and satellite photos, but none of those prepared me for the scale of it all. I knew it would be big, but I had no appreciate for just how huge it really is here.

...And I've run out of energy to write. More later, perhaps.


No comments:

Post a Comment