Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Back from Disney!

I recently took a trip with my family to Walt Disney World. The last time I had gone was also my first trip, around seven years ago, and due to a combination of little sister and intense Florida summer-heat, I did not really enjoy it as much as I could have, so I was sort of dreading the whole thing.


I don't know if I've grown up, or if we were more at ease, or if just being at a different place in my life really made a difference, but I actually enjoyed myself this time around! One thing's for sure- the park hasn't changed one bit....and although it's been 6 years, it's exactly as I remember it. The weather was hot, sunny, and humid (the temperature stayed above 85 the entire time we were there), the park was crowded and the food was expensive as anything. (Although some meals, like the cinnamon glazed french toast, were totally worth it).



This trip we stayed at the wilderness lodge, which had some really great design features and a homier woodsy/indian motif going on. One of the coolest parts was the fireplace, which was meant to imitate the layers of rock that make up the grand canyon.


It was definitely different from the Grand Floridian, which is where we stayed the first time around.





Although the GF was really posh and impressive in its victorian grandeur...it was a bit too sterile. Too white, too shiny, too immaculately manicured.



When it came right down to it, I never felt comfortable in the lobbies and hallways of the place.
Wilderness Lodge was definitely a different story, and you couldn't beat our view, either:




Our first morning, as we headed out to the boat that would get us to Magic Kingdom, we saw the cutest little rabbit ever playing in the flowers...


I guess they don't call it the Wilderness Lodge for nothing, huh?





No comments:

Post a Comment